This Southeastern health system comprises over 680 inpatient beds in 3 hospital campuses, outpatient facilities and various primary and specialty care practices across the region. Specialty services include Trauma, high acuity OB and Neonatal Intensive Care, Behavioral Health, Neurosurgery, Cardiac Surgery and Intervention, Critical Care and comprehensive Orthopedic Surgical services. The System is home to Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pharmacy Residency programs, and an internationally recognized Institute for Patient Safety and Medical Simulation. Accredited by The Joint Commission and the recipient of numerous Top 100, Quality achievement, and Excellence in Patient Safety awards and recognition, the System possesses a solid reputation for quality patient care and innovations in patient safety.
“Through a system-wide assessment, Novia experts identified $6.1 million to $9.4 million in annual savings across the client’s health system, enabling the client to position itself for sustainable financial stability as it pursues its missional goal of providing comprehensive health services to the regional communities it serves.”
Novia worked shoulder-to-shoulder with senior leadership, managers, employees and medical staff throughout the engagement. This collaborative approach ensured participation and buy-in to the project process and goals through all levels of the organization. The approach also included a high-level review of system strengths and improved leveraging opportunities, and operational improvements to enhance the existing high performing culture of excellence.
- Identified $6.1M to $9.4M in annual savings
- Identified labor productivity improvements to maximize resources
- Created opportunities to identify and reduce unnecessary turnover
- Provided objective opportunities to align premium pay with the compensation philosophy
- Identified opportunities to increase employee health service levels
- Provided additional value by identifying opportunities for expansion of the 340B program