We’re looking for a seasoned, results-oriented Clinical Documentation Improvement Consultant to improve concurrent documentation practices at our client hospitals. The ideal candidate will exhibit a sufficient knowledge of clinical documentation workflow processes and requirements, DRG assignment, and clinical conditions or procedures to knowledgeably advise hospital clients on improvement opportunities and best practices for effective clinical documentation.
Essential Job Functions
- Interface with physician clinical documentation, coding and reimbursement processes to achieve quality outcomes
- Able to present ideas and concepts effectively to physicians, management and employees
- Educate members of the patient care team regarding documentation guidelines and best practices including physicians, nurses, and care management team
- Experience in case management, utilization or quality review in an acute care facility would be a plus
- Knowledge of ICD-9-CM coding and understanding of DRGs and CPT-4 coding principles
- RN licensure required
- Current CDI certification preferred
Ready to talk?
Contact our recruiter to have a frank conversation about what it’s like to work with one of the industry’s leading clinician-owned healthcare consultancies and interim placement firms.